We admit to having OCD. The condition that is, not the pedal - because we love tidy pedalboards that are ready to rock! When we decided to put together a new Signal Chain board for live demonstrations and workshops, we just knew it had to be perfect. And how do you achieve such perfection? By collaborating with Jack Hudson from JH Productions of course.
Along with the more refined Gentleman boards, the Jetsetters are just made so well. They come in superbly made flight cases that are designed to withstand ill treatment by the worst of baggage handlers. These things are made for travelling and surviving all sorts of abuse. They’re also super easy to setup, having a heavy duty hinge between the board and the flight case base for access underneath. Plus, they’re entirely fabricated, handcrafted, and assembled right here in Australia!
The Signal Chain
I won’t labour on the importance of careful planning before wiring up a pedalboard like this. Needless to say, there’s no point in making something look good if it’s not going to sound amazing too. So we paid careful attention to how the pedals would compliment each other while providing a broad palette of sounds.
Here’s the signal chain in order of first to last:
- T1M Mini A/B switcher
- Ninevolt Pedals 1927 Homerun King Comp
- Emerson Custom Concord Buffer
- JHS Pedals Muffuletta Fuzz
- Bondi Effects Sick As Overdrive (Signal Chain exclusive Red Sparkle)
- Chellee Guitars Odie Overdrive
- Ninevolt Pedals I Was A Wolf In The Forest Distortion
- JHS Pedals modified Ernie Ball Junior Volume Pedal
- TC Electronics Polytune Mini 2 Noir (off volume pedal tuner output)
- Lotus Pedal Designs Snowjob
- BearFoot FX Mint Green Vibe
- Flux Effects Liquid Tremolo
- EHX Deluxe Memory Man TT1100 (original release)
- Flux Effects Liquid Ambience
- Strymon Engineering DIG Dual Delay
That's it for now...
So that’s just a brief overview of the board. and we’ll release the second part soon which will contain a more detailed look at each pedal and how they all work together. In the meantime, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us any questions in the comments section below as we love hearing from you!
Written by Rodger van Raalte
Owner and director of Signal Chain
"The pedal cabinet is the best part of any music store"