EXPECTED TO LAND EARLY APRIL – COMES WITH PREMIUM HARDCASE
The Leaper Tone is our semi-hollow guitar – it’s your blank canvas of air for your songs.
The Baum Leaper Tone is a refined, sophisticated-looking instrument perfectly-designed for vintage guitar aficionados. Tipping its hat to the classic '50s/'60s aesthetic with its lightweight and elegant semi-hollow body, the Leaper Tone also boasts proprietary 'Goldsound' pickups voiced to provide inspiring sonics suitable for a number of genres.
Fitted with our Rewind 52 P90s, the guitar has a tight low-end, raunchy midrange, and a bold texture with a crispy top. The solid center block and airy sides add to this unmistakable sound. It’s a tremendously versatile guitar for players in all genres.
Goldsound 'Rewind 52' Pickups
Many modern-day guitar manufacturers will equip their instruments with aftermarket electronics. However, Baum is proud to custom design and expertly spec its own pickups — because they "want to tailor the Baum sound", as well as add their own visual style.
Baum's Leaper Tone model comes fitted with a pair of their Goldsound 'Rewind 52' pickups. Based on the iconic '52 "Goldtop" P90, the Rewind 52 has been tweaked to fit Baum's guitars and more significantly — the sound of today. It has a tight low-end, raunchy mid-range and a bold texture with a crispy top-end.
- Goldsound Pickups — Acclaimed, custom electronics. Modern/retro design with roots in the classic “Goldfoil” aesthetic. Tailored to bring the best out of the guitar and to provide a sound that you can make your very own
- Baum 'Levitator Roller Bridge' — Innovative “rolling” string saddles greatly reduce unwanted tuning slips
- Bigsby Tremolo — Classy, old-school vibrato. Warble chords or lead lines whenever inspiration strikes!
Semi-Hollow Mahogany Body — Yields an airy and sustain-rich sound. A fantastic tonal platform for the electronics.
- Roasted Maple Neck — Super-stable, moisture-free material guarantees excellent tuning stability. Finished with thin satin lacquer for smooth playability
- Rosewood Fingerboard — Luxurious, silky-feeling material under the fingers. Enhances mid-range warmth
- 12” Fingerboard Radius — Strikes the perfect balance between contemporary and vintage dimensions
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces a snappy note response for an immediate playing experience
- Baum 'Original Series' — This model is part of Baum's 'Original Series' of instruments, designed in Denmark and built in South Korea
- Premium Baum Hardcase — An optional extra
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Body Top: Maple
- Body Construction: Semi-Hollow
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: Crown
- Bridge: Baum Levitator Roller
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B70
- Colour: Gold
- Bridge Pickup: Goldsound Rewind 52 (P90)
- Neck Pickup: Goldsound Rewind 52 (P90)
- Controls: 3-Way Toggle Switch, Master Volume, Master Tone