ZONK MACHINE WITH 3-WAY INPUT CAP MOD
This classic Sixties fuzz named after the English term for being knocked over the head is basically the trebled out version of a Tonebender MKi. A bit smoother with less hiss than some of the existing vintage units plus plenty of sustain when the fuzz control is maxed. Turn it all the way down for a more open, ratty fuzz tone. Tighter mid-frequency bark than a standard MKi plus a bit more output so you won't dip below unity gain if using lower output pickups.
The modernised version of a Hornby Skewes unit with NPN germanium transistors, relay based true bypass with a no-click footstwitch, 3-way input capacitor toggle (tone/fattness control), and board mounted pots carefully handwired into a smaller pedalboard friendly enclosure.
- True bypass w/ no-click footswitch
- NOS MP38a germanium transistors
- NOS Tropical fish output cap
- Panasonic film caps
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Green LED
- Top mounted jacks
- Matte blue powder coat w/ hand silkscreen graphic
- 125b metal enclosure (4.8 x 2.6 X 1.5 inch)
- Standard 9VDC 2.1mm centre negative power
- Current Draw: 28mA