BLUEBIRD J1 – ELECTRIC GUITAR PICKUPS (SET OF 3)
There has been a trend in recent years to overwind pickups. Overwinding produces a louder pickup with a more pronounced mid hump in the tone, and you also loose some low end. Many vintage pickups were often wound with a lot less turns, which produces a bright and more open sounding pickup. Too few winds and the pickup can sound thin and clinical; too many windings and the pickup will be harsh on the top end and muddy on lows. Getting the balance right is part of what makes a pickup sound amazing.
We believe that we have found the perfect balance of scatter windings, magnet strength and coil shape to create the best pickup tone from a Strat.
The BlueBird J1 Electric Guitar Pickups produce a pure, vintage, fat and playable Strat tone. The Bluebird J1’s have been meticulously designed and refined over a 15 year period by renowned guitarist Jesse Davey to get as close to the Stevie Ray Vaughan tone as possible – the much lauded '59 Strat pickup sound. The pickups let the pure ‘Bell like’ quality of your guitar shine through.
If you feel it's time to fix the weak link in your tone, these pickups could be right for you.
- Rich, fat, bell-like King Tone
- Clear and bright high end that is not harsh
- Extended low end
- Staggered AlNoCo V magnets
- Scatter wound on custom winding machines
- As used by Jesse Davey and many others
- A set of 3 carefully balanced Strat pickups – neck, middle and bridge
- Hand bevelled pole pieces
- Durable vulcanised pickup bobbins
- Supplied with waxed cloth wire
- Custom mix wax potted to reduce microphonic feedback
- Boxed with screws and fixings
- 30 day money back guarantee