Del Mar Overdrive
We are currently out of stock.
Join our Mailing List for updates
Bondi Effects Del Mar Overdrive
The Del Mar is our take on some of the most beloved overdrive tones in history. The character of the drive can be selected via the toggle switch. In the up position you get a compressed, mid-focused drive, while in the lower position you get a more open, flatter EQ with an emphasis on the highs. The gain control of the Del Mar serves a dual purpose; not only does it increase the amount of gain, but as gain is backed off, you are controlling the amount of sparkly clean you are blending into your signal to keep your tone crystal clear, no matter what the setting. You'll find the Del Mar responds very well to the guitar's volume knob - just how you'd want it to.
The tone controls are active instead of the standard 'tone' knob. This gives you the ability to boost or cut both bass and treble individually, providing you with incredible control over your EQ. The whole circuit is internally boosted to 18 volts, providing maximum headroom and clarity.
The Del Mar Overdrive is our take on the two most important Overdrive sounds: the Tubescreamer® and the Blues Breaker®. We wanted to get to the heart of these legendary tones, and improve some areas that we felt were lacking.
- Clean boost and overdrive
- Very dynamic and natural, responsive to your pick attack or volume knob.
- Gain knob serves a dual purpose as a blend control between clean boost and overdrive, and controlling the amount of gain
- Internally boosted to 18V for maximum headroom and clarity
- Two classic soft-clipped voices of natural tube-like overdrive!
- Powerful active tone-stack, capable of 15dB of boost or cut!
- Soft touch bypass switching
- 9VDC negative tip Boss style adaptor
- Current consumption 20mA