Guitar Cabinet Simulator & DI Box with Headphone Output and Power Amp Direct-Connect.
Turn any full-range passive or powered monitor speaker or sound system into a dynamic guitar cabinet, loaded with your choice of drivers. No mics or guitar cabinets needed. Just take your guitar signal from your pedal board, preamp or power amp and send it to the house sound console or board or powered full-range cabinet.
The ADA GCS-3 is inserted between the output of your preamplifier (or effects pedal chain) and a mixing or recording console to replace the close proximity microphone that is typically used to mic a guitar speaker cabinet. This eliminates the problem of bleed through or crosstalk from other instruments or amplifiers in live situations. GCS-3 is especially useful for owners of our APP-1 guitar pedal preamp because it can split the output of the APP-1 for sending the signal to a guitar amplifier and to a mixing console for recording, house sound
systems and stage monitor systems.
The GCS-3 is ideally suited for live performance, studio, and practice applications. A unique feature of the GCS-3 is that it replicates the low frequency natural resonance of a guitar speaker cabinet at loud volumes, which is especially noticeable in the SEALED CABINET configuration. Select from vintage or modern, 10 or 12 inch speakers in a sealed or open back cabinet to get the powerful and rich resonance of a real guitar cabinet, and then dial-in the position of your microphone to balance it out.
We have tested the GCS-3 in live performances by sending a feed to a stage monitor for the guitarist and eliminating the combo or head with stack. The same feedback that you get from a stack or a hot-rod combo can easily be produced in the monitor, and interestingly, with more control.
FEATURES AND SPECS
- Power Amp Direct-Connect
- Stereo ¼” Headphone Out & Volume Control
- Selectable 10” or 12” Speaker Size
- Selectable VINTAGE (Alnico) or MODERN (Ceramic) Speaker Character
- Selectable OPEN BACK or SEALED Cabinet Type
- Variable MICROPHONE PLACEMENT Control to “position” the mic for deep or bright frequency response.
- ¼” phone jack INPUT with a direct, un-buffered PASS THROUGH ¼” phone jack. This effectively splits the signal to feed both a guitar amplifier (the THRU) and a mixing console (one of the outputs, either ¼” phone single ended or XLR balanced)
- XLR Balanced Output selectable LINE or MIC LEVEL Output (GCS-2 Only)
- GROUND LIFT for Pin 1
- Pure Analog Circuit Design using low-noise components
- Rugged all-steel chassis with durable powder coat finish
- Powered by a single industry standard 9-volt AC Adapter, but runs internally at 18 volts for higher headroom and lower noise
- Dimensions: 85 x 107 x 46mm (w x d x h)
- Shipping weight: 0.75kg
- Hand built in California
"I was psyched to discover the GCS-3 - I was needing to put together a "no amp" super compact rig ... Just bringing a strat and this tiny pedalboard I put together with the GCS-3 as the last thing in the chain... It doesn't just sound good, it feels good. I'm looking forward to dialing it in even more and am so psyched with the idea of being able to show up with one guitar and a few pedals/boxes and go straight into the PA and sound great." – Ian Ethan Case