Gladio SC (single channel), is designed to offer the same sound of the "big brother" Gladio, but in a smaller and compact size.
While the Gladio double channel was inspired by the artists like Robben Ford and Sonny Landreth, the Gladio SC tries to take a step closer to the Steve Ray Vaughan sound, which was achieved using a Dumble amplifier too.
The Gladio SC is based on the Gladio's first channel, with the exact same sound and controls, except the new CLEAN knob. This addition makes a big dfference, and it's what makes the sound be closer to SRV. The clean signal is taken directly at the input of the pedal and mixed back with the overdriven signal at the output, the CLEAN knob thus manages the volume of the clean signal. with the result of having a "clean layer" on top of the overdrive sound. This helps a lot to achieve that Texas-blues sound.
A Clean knob like this affects 3 parameters all at once (you can notice their change sweeping the Clean from zero to even a 40% rotation):
- Bottom End: the sound becomes fatter
- Compression: The non-compressed clean sound comes into the mix, and the change in compression is particularly accentuated on the attack.
- Saturation: When the clean sound comes into the mix the final output sound becomes hotter, and it’s able to better push the front end of the amp.
Gladio SC (single channel), is designed to offer the same sound of the "big brother" Gladio but in a smaller and compact size.
- Input impedance 1M
- Output impedance 50K
- 9VDC negative tip 2.1mm socket
- Up to 60mA current consumption
- Dimensions: 122 x 67 x 40mm