The "MISTY CAVE - analog resonance echo" (MC) is a effect pedal which creates a kind of reverb/echo. It is characterised by the sound of a space that is resonant to the pitches of the input signal, with the delay feedback oscillating in its natural decay, being effectively touch responsive. You can control which note oscillates using the D.TIME control, and it has a "CV PEDAL" jack to control the "D.TIME" with an expression pedal.
It contains an analog IC called "BBD" which was used in analog chorus, flanger and delay circuits. It can be categorised as chorus/delay/reverb, but has its own unique character likened to having a "floating" ethereal quality and can sound similar to the Indian "Chikaar" (Sitar).
Controls are (from the top):
- "RATE" controls the rate to feedback the echo sound
- "D.TIME" controls the delay time
- "BLEND" controls the mix balance of input sound and effect sound
- Connect expression pedal to "CV PEDAL" jack (for example "Roland EV-5" controls the full range of "D.TIME")
- 9VDC negative tip power plug
- 120 x 90 x 60mm
- Weight 300g
- 9VDC negative tip power jack or battery operation