NEXT SHIPMENT DUE LATE SEPTEMBER
The Gravity is our take on two all-time favourite overdrive circuits, the K-style circuit and a TS10 circuit all in one enclosure! A new dual overdrive specializing in mid push, Gravity will give you the ability to cut through the mix in any situation.
Our inspiration for this pedal lies in its name, Gravity and also by the later live lead tones of John Mayer. In particular the outro solo tone in his song "Gravity", and intro in his song "Belief", where he stacks these two pedals to obtain that signature tone with a thick wall of mids. The TS10 is often used as the main lead tone and the K-overdrive is added as a second cascading gain stage, either as a pre drive into the TS10, or as a post drive.
We have recreated the circuits in each pedal staying true to the original, but added switching options for additional tone shaping. We have kept both buffers that were used in the original designs in order to replicate the exact interaction between the two circuits. The Gravity overdrive is divided into a side A (left) and a side B (right), separated by the order toggle switch in the middle which is used to flip the internal order of the effects and hence the signal path from guitar to amp.
Features the TS10 circuit with external knobs for DRIVE, TONE, LEVEL and a three position toggle switch labeled LOWS. The lows switch changes the bass response of the circuit. Internally you find three sets of dip switches (clipping, clarity and brightness) that further enables you to tweak your tone.
Features the K-circuit with external knobs for GAIN, TREBLE, OUTPUT and a two position toggle switch labeled CLIPPING. The clipping switch toggles between a pair of germanium or schottky clipping diodes.
Both sides can be used separately or stacked.
SIDE A (left)
- Replica of the TS10 audio circuit including the three transistor buffer circuit
- RC4558 Operation Amplifier
- External three position lows toggle switch for extended low frequency response
- Three sets of internal dip switches for extended tweaking
- Clarity (switch 1-2)
- Brightness (switch 3-4)
- Clipping (switch 5-6)
- Original Toshiba 1s1588 silicon diodes as in the original TS10 JP
SIDE B (Right)
- Replica of the K-circuit
- External two position Clipping switch to choose between a pair of Germanium - or a pair of Schottky clipping diodes
- Original NOS Sylvania 1N34A germanium diodes (as long as our stock lasts).
- External ORDER switch to choose in which order the signal passes through the two circuits.
The Gravity overdrive is built using carefully selected top shelf components:
- VISHAY 1% metalfilm resistors
- WIMA MKP10, MKS4 and FKP2 film capacitors - no electrolytes in the audio circuit
- VIMEX sealed potentiometers
- CARLING Footswitch
- CKK and TAIWAY toggle switches
- PURE TONE MULTI-CONTACT 1/4" JACK
- Silver plated teflon insulated cable for internal wiring
- US made DAVIES MOULDING 1470 knobs