Since we first introduced the Schaffer Replica EX “Tower” our customers’ most popular request has been for us to create a pedalboard-friendly stompbox with the same circuit.
Well, you spoke and we listened!
To our loyal fans who have waited so patiently, we proudly introduce the SoloDallas Storm.
The Storm features a 100% analog signal path that is nearly identical to our EX Tower that has quite literally taken the guitar industry by storm, hence the name. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers three interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every guitar configuration and genre of music.
- BOOST knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone).
- LEVEL knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 31db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This optical analog circuit naturally limits the audio signal going into the pedal's circuitry (unlike the complimentary compander circuit which smooths out amplitude after the signal reaches its peak). Limiting is commonly used by mastering engineers to transparently raise overall level, without the risk of clipping and distortion generally associated with gain increases. Sensitivity of this effect may be fine tuned for different output pickups or to give your instrument an open or compressed attack.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Commercial Grade PCB
- Heavy Duty Footswitch
- Blue LED when effect is engaged
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9vDC Center Negative Power Supply or 9v Battery (not included)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Made in USA
Winner of August 2018 Guitar Player Magazine Editor's Pick!
Emphatic users of SoloDallas pedals include legendary guitarists Keith Urban, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Chris Stein, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Joe Bonamassa, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian swears by it on organs and synths too.