There are so many Big Muff versions out there that it’s hard to keep track of which one the forums say is best. Let them argue. The Fig Fumb pushes into new territory with full parametric EQ control to help you create a sound instead of chasing one.
The Fig Fumb is built on the same bones as the rest of our drive pedals – with extra controls that open doors and push boundaries. Its tone-shaping capabilities are unrivalled, thanks to the parametric EQ and bandwidth knobs that we’ve made our signature with products like the PDF-2. This precise control isn’t something you normally get with this type of pedal, but to us, it’s the essential key that you’ll need to unlock playing that stands out.
Fuzz versus distortion. Which is it? Does it matter? The best guitar pedals blur boundaries and break out of boxes. Big Muffs have divided opinion on what ‘type’ of pedal they actually are for decades. The Fig Fumb takes that idea and runs with it, giving you enough gain to strip paint off walls, without sacrificing low-gain subtlety, if that’s what you’re after.
The versatility doesn’t end there though. The Fig Fumb also brings the most musical noise gate around to the party, so the only noises coming out of your amp are the ones you want.
Just like the rest of the Stone Deaf drives, the Fig Fumb also works with the EP-1 expression pedal to deliver fuzzy wah and phaser tones. Plus, it works just as well for four-stringers, dealing out the heaviest bass fuzz you’ve ever heard.
- Suitable for use with guitars and basses
- Paracentric EQ with adjustable fuzz and overdrive
- Frequency response from 35Hz-6kHz (For Bass & Guitar)
- Noise gate to stop unwanted feedback and noise
- Frequency sweep control via expression pedal
- Wah Wah function via expression using boost in thin setting, Phaser function via expression using cut in thin setting, Tone control function via expression using medium to fat bandwidth setting.
- 9v Power supply centre negative 2.1mm Boss Style (use isolated power supply to reduce noise)
- Current Draw is 55mA
- Foot-switchable channel selection of overdrive and fuzz
- Expression input (Please note that the Fig Fumb will only work with the Stone Deaf EP-1 expression pedal because it uses the same custom components.
- Hand Built in Manchester, United Kingdom
Please note if you are trying to match volume to other pedals you need to experiment with the bandwidth Q, boost / cut, frequency and the balance knobs as this all works in conjuncti- on with the pedals overall volume. There is an overall volume compensation circuit built into the balance knob of the pedal so when boosting reduce the balance output by turning counter clockwise to suit. When cutting do the opposite increasing the balance output turning clockwise to suit.